2017 to 2018
The pupil premium is funding in addition to the school’s budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for this group of pupils. For this financial year, the school has been allocated £69 800.
For information on how we intend to spend this funding, the rationale behind this and the evidence that this is effective use of the finance please click on the document below, 'Pupil Premium Funding Strategy 2017/18'.
In 2016/17 the Pupil Premium was used in a variety of ways. These included:
• The employment of teachers and teaching assistants to deliver an extensive programme of individual and small group teaching
• The employment of an attendance worker to support families
• Funding to enable pupils to attend educational visits and residential holidays
• Employing outside agencies to deliver theme days
Examples of impact include:
- Above average progress in Maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
- Accelerated progress by Pupil Premium children in Reading and Writing in Years 4, 5 and 6, and in Maths for children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Improved attendance of individual pupils