SITE SUPERVISOR VACANCY
Grade Profile – Site Supervisor 2(a) (Grade 4)
- Part time (25 hours per week | Before and after school each week day)
- Starting August 2020 (if possible)
Do you have a passion for helping others and going the extra mile?
Are you committed and hardworking, with a keen eye for detail?
Do you love working with a creative team to make school a safe and inspirational place for children to learn?
If so, then we would welcome your application for the position of Site Supervisor at Trinity Church of England Primary School.
The Governors and Headteacher at Trinity are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably experienced site supervisor to create, maintain and manage a safe environment for our school community. You will have a keen eye for detail and be responsible for the security, maintenance and cleaning of the school and will oversee a team of cleaning staff. The successful candidate will join our happy, inclusive school serving the Old Skelmersdale community, and work as part of our fantastic team.
We are looking for a candidate who will take an active interest in the life of the school and enhance the excellent services that we provide, taking pride in their work, setting high standards for themselves, and the condition of the building and school grounds.
You will be expected to work a split shift and act as a key holder for the premises. However, flexibility will be required in order to facilitate holidays, school events and meetings. The ability to plan and undertake repairs and general maintenance to a high standard is essential, along with the ability to work on your own initiative and be proactive in your approach to daily work, including some porterage and cleaning duties. Experience of working in site management/maintenance/building trades, whilst not essential, would be an advantage.
We require a someone who:
- Willing to be a part of the school community
- Has an understanding of the role of caretaking/site manager
- Has cleaning and handyperson/DIY skills
- Has good communication skills
- Is an effective team member and works/communicates well with other staff
- Is motivated, has a positive attitude and enjoys a challenge
- Has the ability to work on one’s own initiative and to have a good-humoured, enthusiastic approach to the role
- Has lots of energy and can be flexible within their working day
- Have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
- Is totally reliable and trustworthy
In Return We Can Offer
- The opportunity to join a highly motivated, innovative and energetic staff team, where you can contribute to the further development of facilities provision at our school – we love our team!
- Full involvement in the life of the schoolThe opportunity for further training and development
- Dedicated, supportive and friendly colleagues
- Kind, motivated and happy pupils
- Supportive parents and carers
- A great school with a distinctly Christian ethos, well supported by our two Churches
- Support from a strong network of stakeholders and agencies
The position is permanent but subject to a 6 month probation period from the earliest possible start date. If you are interested in this role, please read the Grade Profile attached. Candidates who meet the criteria need to complete the attached application form in full. If would like to write a covering letter, please attach it to the email.
The governing body of this school is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all those who believe they have suitable experience and qualifications.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details.
The APPLICATION FORM and GRADE PROFILE are available to download below. Completed forms should be returned to the school via the above email address or posted to the school address above
Closing Date: 12 noon on 22nd July 2020
Completed applications are to be emailed to Lynda Waring using the following address:
Shortlisting: 27th July 2020
Interview: 5th August 2020
You are more than welcome to visit school. To arrange an appointment call 01695 723878 and speak to Mrs Waring