HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
- Part time – 25 hours a week (term time only)
- Whole School
- Starting September 2021
- 1 year contract in the first instance
The Governors of Trinity CE / Methodist Primary School are seeking to employ an excellent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work across the school, specifically taking a leading role working with senior staff on issues of behaviour and attendance, developing and implementing policies and procedures to help children overcome obstacles to learning and improve participation in learning and school life. Under an agreed system of supervision, supporting the qualified teacher as a part of a professional team, the HLTA will plan their role in lessons, preparing, delivering, assessing, reporting and marking learning activities for individuals/groups or short term for whole classes. The HLTA will contribute to a range of teaching, learning and pastoral activities in areas where they have expertise.
The hours of work are 08:30 – 13:30, Monday to Friday (there is some flexibility).
We require a someone who:
- Willing to be a part of the school community
- Has good communication skills
- Is an effective team member and works/communicates well with other staff
- Is motivated, has a positive attitude and enjoys a challenge
- Has the ability to work on one’s own initiative and to have a good-humoured, enthusiastic approach to the role
- Has lots of energy and can be flexible within their working day
- Is totally reliable and trustworthy
- In an enthusiastic, capable and passionate teaching assistant
- Can work flexibly to support groups of children across the primary age range
- Shares our belief that all children can succeed regardless of background
In Return We Can Offer
- The opportunity to join a highly motivated, innovative and energetic staff team
- Full involvement in the life of the school
- The opportunity for further training and development
- Dedicated, supportive and friendly colleagues
- Kind, motivated and happy pupils
- Supportive parents and carers
- A great school with a distinctly Christian ethos, well supported by our two Churches
- Support from a strong network of stakeholders and agencies
The position is for one year in the first instance – this will be reviewed in the Spring Term of 2022. If you are interested in this role, please read the Role Profile attached. Candidates who meet the criteria need to complete the attached application form in addition to writing a short letter which should fully outline how you meet the criteria and why you believe yourself suitable for this position.
The governing body of this school is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all those who believe they have suitable experience and qualifications.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details.
The application form and role profile are available to download. Completed forms and covering letters should be emailed to Mrs Waring – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 4:00 pm on 24th May 2021
Completed applications are to be emailed to Mrs Waring using the following address: email@example.com
Shortlisting: 27th May 2021
Interview: 10th June 2021
More information about school can be found on our school website: www.trinity.lancs.sch.uk
You are more than welcome to visit school. To arrange an appointment call 01695 723878 and speak to Mrs Waring